So, instead of buying stuff in random, I decided to keep it sweet and short and with no further ado, here it is!
Here you can see it in comparison to a Mac 226 (on the left) and a Mac 217 (on the right).
When I started swatching the eyeshadows though, well, it was kind of overwhelming. I tried to remember if I had anything similar in my stash, how I would combine it, I tried to find shades that looked "unique" blah blah blah. It was not working.
So, I decided to get the three shades that at the moment stood out to me and that next time I entered Inglot I had better have the list with me ( lol!)
Pearl 399 on top left, Pearl 420 on top right, AMC Shine 17 on bottom left
Here's the back of the palette, I adhered the labels from the boxes for future reference.
Well, the answer is probably yes and I'll tell you why (surprise!):
- Price: €6 per eyeshadow and €9 for the palette. I think it's certainly a winning point but not by itself
- Ease of use: once you put them in the palette, there's nooo way back! Unless you find a heavy duty magnet, you can't reposition them in the palette. I asked the MUA if they provided one, no they didn't. Bummer..Should I try "Εγέρθητω!" ? (Current greek joke)
- Color selection (in store): large but not vast, I think Mac has a wider range
- Longevity: I didn't test them to extremes (lol!) but I got a decent work day, they'll certainly last longer over a primer
- Pigmentation: oh baby, you're sooo good
- Application: like a dream, just don't overblend, you'll have to reapply
- Consistency: butterrrr, for your lids, not your breakfast (jeezzzz, I'm sooo funny!)
- Finishes: Pearl ( <3 For Ever). There are a few more, and I hear that the mattes are very good too
- Will I purchase more? Rhetorical question
So that's my first visit to an Inglot store (thank god I didn't start browsing lip products, nail polishes etc or I would still be there!)