As a young teen, I was intimidated to go into the big and crowded cosmetics stores: too many brands, too many products, too many decisions.
So, when I decided that it was time to start pampering myself, I entered my local TBS store in Kallithea and it was love at first sight! I was awed by the colors, the fragrances, the nifty little things, the helpful SA, it seemed the right place to start my fun journey towards looking like a polished young woman. Can you guess what was my first purchase? Strawberry shower gel and body lotion!
I had also in mind that the things I got not only made me look good but made me feel good as well. Not only because no animals were hurt in the making process but also because the brand provided work and prosperity to people all over the globe through the Community Fair Trade program.
Making a long story short, choosing this brand was something that made me feel good inside out and we journeyed together for a few years. Then, as I grew older, the sirens' calling became loud and distracting and other brands gained my attention. But there was always a soft spot in my heart for my little local TBS shop.
So, when I was invited to the relaunching and entered the Kolonaki Pulse store, even if it was a different one, I almost felt like the first time! The colors, the fragrances, the warmth of the people, it was like a shinier, more colorful déjà vu.
There, we were informed of the new approach, Beauty With Heart, that is perfectly illustrated through the moto Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good.
- Look Good is about using nature's high quality ingredients in an effective way
- Feel Good is about being pampered with products that are made with respect to the planet
- Do Good is about helping people all over the globe to gain their income in a respectable way
The store itself is very well lit and although it's not big, it feels spacious and clutter free. The colorful packages, bottles etc line the walls and in the middle there are two long tables that house the newest products.
The revamp didn't stop there but also affected my favorite product, the body butters, that come in a new packaging with a QR code that can be scanned via a smartphone and show the ingredients and other information.
I also had a chance to see in action the new limited edition makeup line named after the brand advocate, Lily Cole and was mostly impressed by the Lip and Cheek Dome because it gives a nice, fresh flush to the cheeks. I would buy in a heartbeat especially because it is limited edition if I didn't already have more blushes that I will use in a lifetime, lol!
The product I was mostly curious about was the new Beautifying Oils and I had the chance to enjoy a really luxurious and pampering hand massage by a lovely SA, and I was sold on the spot! It feels soothing and moisturizing and smells lovely (it comes in ten scents) and more importantly it is a multitasker since it can be used on face, hair and body! I think this one will be my staple product in my beach/vacation bag.
I also heard that they'll be launching limited edition body mists in all our favorite scents, so, that's something to wait for!
As for the social aspect of the event, although I was up from 5:30 in the morning and didn't feel (or look, lol!) very posh, it was a very refreshing and invigorating experience, not only because of the very warm welcome of the TBS people but also because I had a chance to meet for the first time with fellow lovely beauty bloggers and a little wine and more than little chat and laughter, it was an upbeat ending to a very stressful day.
To make it even better, we were given a TBS goodies bag with:
- the Chocomania body butter (mine is almost empty so it's good to have a refill!),
- Moringa Shower Gel,
- Vitamin E Face Mist (I can never have too many face mists, I love them!) and...
- Satsuma Beautigying Oil! It goes without saying that I've used it already (I gave my hands, nails and cuticles a moisturizing massage) and this one smells amazing! Very citrusy, invigorating and fresh!
I also did a little shopping and got myself:
- Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil, it smells drop dead gorgeous and leaves a slightly tinted, lightly shimmery finish. It can be used alone or mixed with a body moisturizer for a more subtle result. If I wasn't sick I would already be sporting this on my legs!
- Moonstone baked eyeshadow (I saw it in a blogpost by Evi and loved it!)
- Out of pure curiosity I got a Facial Flannel, it is a sort of rubbery like fabric that is used instead of cotton balls etc, in order to remove the makeup in conjunction with a makeup remover/cleanser. I've tried it once so far and I like it because it feels very soft and smooth.
All in all, it was a great evening, and most importantly, it was good to see that TBS still follows and enhances the values that Anita Roddick set, in the present timeframe, without loosing the perspective.
Well done TBS, keep up the good work!