Thursday 17 May 2012

More spring hauling (collective)

The following items are separate purchases that I made the last couple of months and for the first time I decided to be a little bold and move outside of my comfort zone.

Ramble follows, if you prefer go straight to the photos!

Before I show you what I got, allow me to tell you about my new general philosophy about buying clothes etc.

I used to go shopping on a precise plan (for example, to find an A line white skirt). The problem is that a lot of the times I got frustrated because I couldn't actually find what I was looking for and that's when shopping isn't fun anymore!

So, this spring, instead of going shopping with a predefined plan I decided to follow a general idea of the styles that would accommodate my lifestyle (as well my wallet and my body type, obviously!).

I also decided to actually try clothes that in the past I wouldn't think of (well, I'll probably skip the leopard cat suit, lol!) and I'm soooo glad I did! The reason is that, although I'm more or less ok with my general appearance and know what looks good on me and what does not, I used to shop in a more conservative and nondescript way. I would inspect a cloth on the hanger and decide that it wasn't for me. Just like that.

When I started trying stuff that I normally wouldn't I was surprised to discover that I still looked presentable (well, there were also some unavoidable fails but I contained them within the fitting room, lol!) but in a different, more distinct and personal way.

So, my point is (I always have one, don't I?) that life is full of prejudices and misconceptions and we shouldn't impose these on ourselves, and even simple (?) things like a different garment or accessory or style can eventually change the way we see ourselves and liberate us (I'm soooo deep, I know!).

End of ramble!

Zara shirt, fine illustration of my new shopping tactic! It looks very posh with white pants and minimal accessories.

Both Zara pants, the left one is mint green


I seriously love this one, it's literally a breath of spring! I pair it with a simple white top and a pendant.


H&M dress from the Conscious collection, with an ivory top underneath. Very ladylike but in a contemporary way. I wear it with a pair of tan wedges if I want to tone it down but it also looks good with nude pumps.


Asos cropped jacket. It has a light dusty, creamy pink color and although it's not made of leather it feels buttery soft.

Oysho Kimmidoll top with matching cropped pants. Lovely for lounging!

Cute detail.

H&M tops, very handy under see through or lace blouses.

H&M scarf and ivory bangle, Oysho colored bangles set.

Accessorize bow ring, love it!

Zara belts, the left one is white with a distressed look, the right one is tan with rose gold details, it was also available in beige with yellow gold details.


So, that's my collective spring haul, I hope you're all well and thriving!

6 comments:

  1. Ένα μεντί παντελόνι θέλω και εγώ να αγοράσω!!!
    Πολύ όμορφα τα πραγματάκια σου!!

    http://studyaboutfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Καλοφόρετα!! Πολύ όμορφες αγορές! Το δαχτυλιδάκι δεν παίζεται!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Σ'ευχαριστώ! Ήταν και οικονομικό, νομίζω €4

      Delete
  3. kaloforeta!
    pswnizw kai egw polu apo to asos!
    to thewew apo ta kalitera sites:)

    perna ama theleis kai apo to blog mou exw kai giveaway auto to kairo!

    http://xouxounitsa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Σ'ευχαριστώ! Και εμένα μου αρέσει, έχει ιδιαίτερα πράγματα και καλές προσφορες.

      Delete

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...