Sunday 28 August 2011

MAC 227 and Wet 'n Wild eyeshadows

Last time my local Mac store had a 25% off sales, I got the 227 brush for 25,50€.
It is basically a large fluffy brush made of natural fibre, and it is a multifunctional one because it can be used for:
  • eyeshadow application all over the lid (time saver in the mornings, when I'm usually in a hurry!) 
  • highlighting, 
  • contouring, 
  • detailed application of blush,
  • application of powder concealer in the under eye area
  • many other uses I can't think of right now (lol!).
Here is a photo side by side with my (dirty!) 239, for comparison:


Now, I recently purchased two Wet n' Wild eyeshadow palettes (from Non Pareil). I wanted to try them mainly out of curiosity because of the online buzz about their decent color payoff for a minimal price.

In particular I got Lust ($5), a palette with six eyeshadows. The left column is matte, the right column is shimmery and I like this balance. The main reason I chose the Lust is the purple and the dark purple-reddish-brown, I thought these colors will be useful in fall and winter. Since I'm not a huge fan of purple and I rarely use it (at least until now), it made more sense to me to spend 5 dollars and get this than spend 15 dollars for one Mac eyeshadow.  The two highlights are a bit chalky but blend really well and effortlessly and my absolute favorites are the silver-gray and the two dark ones. That been said, it is a really handy little palette and for $5 I think it is a steal!
Here are some photos:


The next Wet 'n Wild palette I got is a trio named Silent Treatment ($3). It is a really pretty palette for a natural eye look, especially when I want to look polished but not overdone. I like all the three colors but I particularly love the eyelid color.
Here are some photos:


Would you recommend any other Wet 'n Wild eyeshadow palette?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...