Sunday 25 September 2011

Makeup Storage: Pretty in Pink!

The other day I was at Jumbo where I saw this little cute thing, and I got one for my niece.


When she opened it, a lighbulb flashed over my head (lol!) and I thought that this would be perfect for storing my everyday bits and pieces of makeup! Let me clarify why:
  • it is pink (everything is prettier in pink)
  • it has decent storage room for my little stash
  • it is cheap (€10)
  • it looks durable enough
Of course I don't intend to use this outdoors (as a travel bag) but because I do my makeup on the kitchen table (best natural and artificial light in my house) it is ideal to keep my things together and move them there.

So, let's take a closer look:



It has two tiers and a deeper "bucket" and the reason I love it is because I can find at a glance even the smallest item, so I don't lose time (especially in the morning) looking for this or that.




First tier: OCC Lip Tars in Memento and Melange, ELF Brow Kit and a lip balm, Benefit Erase Paste, Powderflage (the actual container didn't fit so I put a little in a little clear pot) and MAC paint in Bare Canvas, MAC Pressed Amber and Stunner blushes, MAC khol in Smolder, Prunella and Fascinating, NYX Cottage Cheese jumbo pencil, ELF brow clear mascara and a lip pencil (there's also a Wet n' Wild Pixie eyeshadow pencil that doesn't show here, I don't know why!).


 Second tier: Benefit Stay don't Stray, Garnier concealer, Maybelline BB cream, MAC Refined msf, ELF mineral makeup, Benefit They're Real mascara, MAC Painterly paint pot, MAC Blacktrack and Avenue fluidlines.


Here, there's room enough for 3 MAC palettes (two for eyeshadows and one for blushes), ELF mineral eyeshadows (all depoted in these two stackable jar sets), an eyelash curler, a MAC mini travel bottle with a spray pump for my brush cleaner, a NYX eyeshadow palette that I don't want to depot, a Jemma Kidd highlight cream in Iced Gold and a mini Japonesque lip palette.


Here's my little stash once more, there are two more items not pictured here that I use everyday:  MAC Face and Body foundation in N1 (I keep in the fridge) and my brush case.
I also have a few extra items that I use ocassionaly and I store them in a drawer.


So, what is your storing method? I 'd love to hear your (affordable) storing tips!

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is so pretty and very handfull!! I like the tough plastic you can clean it easily!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...