Sunday 30 June 2013

Dior Diorskin Nude BB Cream

BB creams are the most ambiguous beauty products by far. 

I 'm not going to tell you what a BB cream is because I 'm sure you know all about it. In case you don't, here's a relevant wiki article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BB_cream .

The brands try to impress us by showering their BB products with all and every possible benefits: they improve skin, protect it from aggravating external factors, give a healthy glow, etc...

The problem is that - at least to my experience - these are just promises that stay promises. 
Anyhow, it is quite far fetched to believe that a beauty product can make any significant difference to your skin, especially since we 're not talking about a skincare item.

So, bottom line is that I don't expect anything miraculous from a BB cream but still I do expect a few things: 

- Comfort: I don't want a mattifying product nor an oil leak on my face.
- Moisture: being on the dehydrated side, I do need all the moisture I can get
- Weight: I want something light, that I forget I have it on
- Skinlike: I want something to literally melt in my skin, to become one with it
- Freshness: I want something to boost up the appearance of my skin, some extra notches in freshness and youthfulness (who doesn't?)
- Coverage : I 'm not talking about a full on, geisha style face, but I do need something to even out some discolorations and flaws.

I don't look for SPF in a BB cream. Let me explain myself:

Being quite fair and not so very young anymore, it is a fact that over the years sun damage has left a few traces behind. So, it 's been a few years now that I religiously use a separate sunblock, every day, year around, and I find that SPF included in moisturizers, BB creams etc is not that effective, even if it 's quite high (30 and above).

A very important factor for me in a BB cream is the shade as well and that is because most BB creams are quite dark. The only one I had found that was light enough was Missha M in shade #13, but I never quite liked it because on me it looked ashen, flat, lifeless. Apart from that it's quite good, with a very good coverage. I also used to have a Skin79 BB cream but it looked even more like the dead are amongst us, lol!

So, when I read all the raves about the Dior one I was not interested at all.

Until one day, I saw a video/demo on YouTube and it looked quite decent. So, when Hondos had a 35% off I decided to give it a try.

And guess what? It's all I wear every day, I love it so much that the tube is already half empty.

Why I love it? Because it ticks all the above boxes and especially shade #1 is a beautiful fair color with a pink tint that perks up my otherwise sallow complexion.



When I put it on my skin looks fresh, youthful, radiant, more plump and flawless. It looks good and it also feels good. Also, it has a beautiful consistency, not runny nor thick and it glides on like a dream.

Here 's a comparison to the Missha M #13 (on the left).








Last but not least, when I need a little extra coverage I mix it with my foundation and it works like a charm every time.

I even wear under foundation when I want a really flawless result.

So, this is a very dear product to me and I'm definitely repurchasing. 

In case you 're interested ask for a sample prior to purchase. You can even bring a little pot or vial to the counter and ask the SA to put some in.

There is also a BB Dior concealer and it goes without saying that as soon as there is a 35% off out there, I 'm grabbing one!

In general I quite like the whole Nude Dior line, here 's my review of the powder makeup http://scrapgalgrlovesblush.blogspot.gr/2013/01/dior-diorskin-nude-natural-glow-fresh.html

That 's it for now, I hope you 're all well and thriving!

2 comments:

  1. Ok sold!!! I've been meaning to try this one, and by the sound of it, it should work pretty well with my skin!! Funny that you mention the Missha M in shade no 13, I looked at swatches online recently and thought that it would match me, but, like you, I want my face products to have that skin looking feel to them, not giving away that I have layers of foundation on! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! Korean bb creams are quite heavy and unnatural looking shade wise, at least the ones I 've tried. You 'll love the Dior one!

      Delete

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...