Sunday 20 July 2014

Mac Moody Blooms haul!

Passing by a Mac store everyday coming home from work isn't always a good thing especially if you are a makeup addict, lol!

So, when I saw the Moody Blooms banner I had to take at least a look, but, failing at finding a parking space, I left with the plan to return on Saturday.

Well, Saturday decided to give us here in Athens a little downpour,



but I wouldn't let a little rain and thunder scare me off, I had a mission to see through!

So, I arrived and the full stand was a sight for sore eyes!


I wasn't interested in the blushes because I have more than I will ever use, also I didn't find them interesting enough.

The eyeshadows caught my attention immediately, especially the light peachy pink one, Artistic Lisence (LE).

It has Veluxe Pearl finish and is a very pretty peachy pink duochrome, close to a rose gold shade.

I initially thought it looked like Expensive Pink but swatched side by side they look nothing alike, Expensive Pink is darker and more peachy.

Coming home I realized that the pan color resembled a Sleek eyeshadow from the Lagoon palette but again, the Sleek one was totally different, much pinker.

Artistic Licence at the bottom, Expensive Pink in the middle, Sleek eyeshadow on top. 


Depending on the base I use it can look more peachy (for example over Painterly) or more pink (for example over Pink Gold Color Tattoo by Maybelline).

As for application, I got true to pan result packing it on with a Mac 239 brush. It can also be used with a fluffy brush for a wash of colour but the result is very subtle and the duochrome is not apparent.

The other eyeshadow I got was the plum one, Hidden Motive.

When I got home I had buyer's remorse for not getting the brown one as well but didn't want to go overboard.

Then I realized that if I depoted the two I already purchased I would have 6 packages to b2M and that's what I did (lighter and knife in the middle of the night, I need therapy, I know!).

So, next day I went back for the brown one but the SA refused at first saying that I couldn't b2M with a LE eyeshadow.  I told her that I could and had done it in the past but she still refused. She asked another SA who said it was allowed, only when it is in a special packaging you can't b2M.

She was still unconvinced so she did a phone call and it was confirmed I could b2M to a LE eyeshadow (hallelujah, it just took her 15 minutes to sort it out, lol!)

So, here they are.

Hidden Motive at the bottom, Deep Fixation on top.


Hidden Motive (LE, Veluxe Pearl) is a midtone plum that can be used on the lid, in the crease etc. I love it because it has a lovely color and I can achieve a smokey look without being too dark and sultry (because then I look like a five year old playing with crayolas!!!).

Deep Fixation (LE, Veluxe Pearl) is a gorgeous brown with a strong orange/red tint, unlike to any brown I own. It can also be used as a lid or crease color and is also perfect for a not too dark smokey look.

Here they are all together, depoted in a Mac palette.



I also debated on whether I should get the purple/lavender one as well, Blooming Mad (LE, Frost) but, swatching it side by side to Stars and Rockets (permanent) I decided to wait and b2M to Stars and Rockets because although they look dead on dupes, Stars and Rockets has a more intense duochrome and is less pink.

Blooming Mad at the bottom, Stars and Rockets on top (and yeah, I went home with purple swatches on my hand, lol!)


Last but not least, I also got a lipstick.

While I was browsing through the lippies I was like meh, ok, nothing outstanding.

Then, out of pure curiosity I swatched an ugly brown one sitting at the end of the display


and boy was I surprised!

The ugly brown one, Moody Bloom (LE, Sheen Supreme) turned out to be a soft semi transparent plume brown with a lovely almost a bit metallic sheen, one of the prettiest and most complex colors I have seen in a while.

By coincidence the SA told me that she was wearing it and I loved the result so much that there was no way I was leaving without it!



It reminded me of Oh oh oh!, another Mac LE lipstick that I got two years ago but swatched side by side they don't resemble at all, Oh oh oh! is less brown and Lustre finish.

Moody Bloom on top, Oh oh oh! at the bottom.


That's all I got from the Mac Moody Blooms collection, I do think it has quite a few unique items to offer and definitely worths at least a look.

I get a late summer / fall vibe from the colors that I chose and I think I will enjoy them year round.

For the end, here's an impromptu EOTD with Artistic Lisence and Hidden Motive (I swear my eyebrows are not massive IRL, just the close up was too close, lol!)


Did you have a chance to see the collection? What are your thoughts on it?

That's it for now,  I hope you are all well and thriving. 

5 comments:

  1. Artistic Lisence is so pretty! I love rose gold eyeshadows, I have a couple of them but I still want this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the most unique of this collection, go for it doll!

      Delete
  2. If only Artistic Licence is in stock when I return to Thessaloniki.I think it it too beautiful to pass and I think I might get it with b2m too.What can I say about the SAs..most of them don't even bother to read the mac book with the rules...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed you will find it! As for the SA in particular what bothered me more was her manner, she was totally confident that it was not allowed! If I didn't insist I would have left empty handed...

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much! I just followed you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...