Other than the above important information I had to share with you (lol!), I started adjusting a bit my makeup stuff etc that I've been currently using, do, without further ado, let's plunge into it!
Shower stuff: I can't express how much I loooove this Kings & queens Honey set. I think that this brand has become my #1 in the shower, the scents are amazing! I also find that the body lotion is very moisturizing.
Some days I use Candy by Prada (deluxe sample) and some days I use the Japanese Cherry Blossom perfumed oil* from TBS.
I like them both (especially the oil) because they're sweet but not sickening, easy to wear but not generic, transitional scents towards cold weather, where I'll pull out the big guns (meaning my Black Orchid Voile De Fleur by Tom Ford, see here how I got this).
The Orzene shampoo and conditioner for damaged/dehydrated hair came my way in a (magazine I think?) sample and I quite liked it so I got them both. My hair is naturally thin and brittle but I think that this set has really made a difference in health and body.
Also, I 'be been using olive oil once a week as a hair mask and it does wonders: I heat up a little, apply it on my hair from roots to the ends, wrap it all up in celophan and then in a towel. I leave it on for about an hour and then I use shampoo and conditioner. Love it!
Last but not least, my Tangle Teezer. I purchased this last March and I still think it's a neat little gadget because it combs through hair, dry or wet, like a breeze.
But, I recently got some Caudalie stuff and I will explain how they became my favorites:
- Eau de Beaute: in the past I had purchased the 30ml bottle, solely due to this craze that went about this product, where everyone said how wonderful it was, etc etc. So I got it. At first I hated the scent but in time I got accustomed to it. To make a long story short, I got the big bottle as well, not because it does anything miraculous but I use it as a tonic lotion before I put on my moisturizer and it feels very luxurious and posh. That's it!
- Instant Foaming Cleanser: so far I didn't care for face cleansers that much, so I used to purchased the cheapest ones from the drugstore. But I tried this one and I love it because of its silky texture and mainly because I don't feel my skin parched for moisture afterward.
- Vinoperfect Radiance Serum: at first I was extremely skeptical but after using it for three weeks now, I can tell that it has made a difference in color uniformity. I only use it at night but still, there's an obvious difference.
- La Roche Posay Anthelios XL 50+ sunscreen. 'Nuff said (lol!)
- Neutrogena Healthy Mix foundation. As the weather gets cooler, I'm starting to rediscover my dewy foundations and this one is my current favorite.
- Benefit Erase Paste. This is actually a love/hate product but currently I love it because I apply it in thin layers (instead of slapping it on!). It actually works as a corrector as well because it has a slight peach tint to it.
- Laura Geller Balance & Brighten powder in Porcelain. Powders are love/hate products as well, but I love this one because it really brightens my complexion, I just have to keep in mind to use it moderately.
- Mac sponge. I have been experimenting with makeup sponges and I really like this one, it gives an airbrush result: I apply the foundation with my hands first and then I pat all over my face with the sponge. Perfect! The other side is different, especially for powder and I use it with my powder, mainly to set the concealer.
- Mac Lush-Light bronzer. I'm not on my palest yet so I can still pull off this one.
- Mac blushes in Flower Fantasy and Sunday Afternoon. Well, these are officially my most used blushes, ever!
- Inglot 4SS brush: perfect for face highlights or contouring.
- Dior Aurora palette. I never thought that I would love this palette so much but I do! Lovely, lush, automny colors, I love to use them in washes.
- Inglot palette, first row: muted pink and silver/gray and taupes.
- Mac Stilife paint pot. Pinky champaign, lovely as a base or alone.
- Givenchy Phenomen' Eyes. I hate the color (#5 Vintage Bronze) but I love the brush. It finds even the tiniest lashes and makes them existent. Love.
- MUFE brow cream. I love the longevity of this stuff, it simply doesn't budge!
- Mac Prunella khol pencil. Staple.
- Marie Claire shadow pencil. It was in October (I think) Marie Claire issue, lovely colors!
- YSL Glossy Stains in #15 and #17. 'Nuff said as well.
- Clinique gloss #7. Again, magazine freebie, lovely discreet shade, ideal match for the Aurora palette.
- Mac Hot Gossip and Oh Oh Oh. Petal pink and muted brown rose. Love.
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in Adore. New entry! I don't love them like my YSL Glossy Stains but they are very good. Post coming up!
- TBS Chocolate lip butter*. I love it and TG it doesn't end!
Opi Thanks a Windmillion, Inglot #358, Essie Penny Talk, Inglot #138, OPI My Address is Hollywood. Obviously I still haven't touched my vampy colors (well, I have a whole winter for them!).
- Well, it's strange how a favorite becomes a miss but since I started using my MUFE brow cream I find my Inglot brow mechanical pencil quite useless in comparison, because, although the color is lovely, it doesn't stay put.
- Benefit Badgal brown mascara. I don't know if it was the one I got but it was extremely dry since I opened it. I mean dry like old. Also, the brush does nothing to my lashes. TG I got it at a 40% sales off or I would be extremely pissed.
What's you favorite item this fall?
The star * indicates PR samples. The rest was purchased with my own money.