Sunday 23 September 2012

Caudalie mini haul

It all started with a foaming cleanser. Seriously.
I have almost finished the cleanser I have been using for the past months so I started searching online for a new one, preferably "natural" meaning without sulfates, parabens, mineral oils, etc.

So, I came across the Caudalie Fleur de Vigne Instant Foam Cleanser.

I was anyways interested to explore this much talked of brand, because, besides offering products without parabens, mineral oils, sls, animal ingredients, phalates etc, it is based on the vine and its extracts:

  • grape polyphenols that are supposed to be powerfull anti-oxidants, meaning that they block free radicals and they also help to preserve the skin's hyaluronic acid that is responsible for keeping the skin youthful and plump.
  • viniferine that's supposed to reduce dark spots, prevents their reappearance and gives radiance to the skin
  • resveratrol-oleyl that's supposed to stimulate collagen production and to increase the thickness of the epidermis
  • organic grape water that's supposed to boost hydration and reduce skin sensitivity
  • grape seed oil that contains omega 6 and vitamin E in high concentration which have nourishing and regenerating properties and
  • vinolevure that's supossed to help retaining the skin's moisture
Obviously I've done my homework (lol!) but I have stopped buying skincare stuff haphazardly and I really wanted to know what the brand was about. It definitely sounds very good, time and use will show me if there's any truth or if it's just plain old marketing blabber

So, I decided to get the cleanser and it's suitable for all skin types and it is gentle enough so as to cleanse without stripping the skin.

Next step was to find the cheapest price online and to my surprise I found it in a greek online pharmacy! To give you an idea, lookfantastic.com sells the 150ml €20,15 and I found the same item €10,43 at the online greek pharmacy!

In fact, all Caudalie items were on sale, so I decided to browse a little more.

I also found the famous Vinoperfect Radiance Serum at €32,46 and I thought that I couldn't find a better chance to try it. I haven't used any serums so far but, being fall and all, I decided to get this in order to treat my skin a little more intensively. It is supposed to correct dark spots/discolorations and to prevent them from reappearing, so that the complexion appears more radiant and the skin color more uniform.

Last but not least, I got the 100ml Beauty Elixir at €23,19 whille at feelunique.com it is sold at €37,44 and €35 at my local pharmacy.

I had already tried the - talk of the town - Beauty Elixir, and to tell you the truth at first I was appalled by the scent which is very strong for a skincare product. I was also afraid to carry it (30ml) in my handbag because of the glass bottle, so it stayed forgotten in the fridge.

After reading so much about it, I decided to actually use it and the best use I found was as a toner lotion, after I clean my face and before moisturizer.

So by the by I became accustomed to the scent and to the product in general and this is why I decided to get the 100ml bottle For those that don't know what it is, it is a face mist that's supposed to smooth the features, boost radiance and tighten pores. I haven't noticed any difference to be honest, but it feels very refreshing and pampering and as long as I use it reasonably, it will last me at least until spring.

Here's some photos.

This is the packaging of the serum.
As for the online pharmacy itself (pharmeden.gr) I hadn't ever heard of it but I was surprised not only by the prices but also by the speedy delivery (ordered on Saturday and received the parcel on Tuesday) and also by the cute and thoughtfull packaging. I also got free delivery because the order was over €60.

They also included a few samples.

That's my haul, if I'm pleased with them, next time I will try a moisturizer and an eye cream.

Have you tried the brand? If yes do you have any recommendations?

 

2 comments:

  1. at the moment i'm using the vinexpert daily moisturizer with spf, and i like it!
    plus i've never heard before the online pharmacy you mention, so thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of trying the vinexpert moisturizer next! Maybe the eye and lip serum as well...
      It was the first time I shopped there and if they keep the offers, I will definitely shop again at some point.

      Delete

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...