Sunday 11 May 2014

Shiseido & La Roche Posay sunscreens

As you probably know, sunscreen is something that I never forget to put on my face, rain or shine, winter or summer.

I don't think that I have to explain why wearing sunscreen year around is crucial and if you do wear one, your skin will show its gratitude, now and in the years to come.

I always choose one with SPF 50, broadband spectrum.

My favorite one is the La Roche Posay Anthelios XL Fluid but last winter I decided to try the Shiseido Urban Enviroment one.
Recently I repurchased the la Roche Posay and I will tell you why.


My main problem  with the Shiseido is the consistency, it feels quite "oily" on application.  Even with my dryish skin, it takes a while to sink in and I don't have that much time in my morning routine.
I also feel that any makeup applied on top just slides around and after a few hours it's gone.
That is a bit strange to me because this sunscreen is marketed to everyday in the city use, so I was expecting a better "behaviour".
In texture it is really lovely and in between a gel and a cream.

On the other hand, the La Roche Posay Anthelios XL is very runny in consistency and I love it because it sets right away.

Also, there is a huge price difference with the Shiseido at 41€ (I got it of course much cheaper during some sales with a 35% off) and the La Roche Posay at 12€ (also at some sales recently).

They're both very good in protecting the skin and they don't leave the dreaded white cast.

I will use up the rest of the Shiseido but I can't wait to open the Anthelios!

Shiseido on the left, La Roche Posay on the right


Packaging and ingredients



That's it for now,  I hope you are all well and thriving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...