Sunday 7 October 2012

Estée Lauder bazaar Fall edition!

Since my first visit to the Estée Lauder bazaar last May was very fun and just the opposite of the ordeal I was expecting it to be (you can read all about it here ), I decided to venture a second visit last Saturday.

This time I planned ahead, meaning that I had a list of gifts that I had to get for upcoming anniversaries, name days, etc of female friends and family members and I set a budget for every person.

So, at 13:00 I was there, I got the tickets and after just 10' minutes of waiting me and my friends were inside!

And here's the result, lol!

This time, knowing my way, I rushed through the first alleys with the home cleaning/maintenance/kitchen stuff, carroten sunscreens etc and I went straight ahead to Mac.

No luck there! I got nothing at all because all I could see were some dark foundations and items in general that I was no interested in buying, even at these very low prices. I was intrigued though to see that there were also some lip products, pigments and nailpolishes from the sailor collection (it was launched in stores 2-3 months ago).

Next stop, Estée Lauder. I saw some pretty pretty blushes and I was immediately drawn to them because:

  • I have a soft spot for blushes (more like an addiction)
  • I don't have any Estée Lauder products so I was interested to get one
  • Two out of the three colors are shades that I don't have anything similar
  • Ridiculously pigmented but when applied with a duo fibre brush look lovely and dainty on the cheeks
  • The pans are HUGE! (7g)
  • They were priced 12€ each (!!!)
So, I got two: Siren and Naughty, both satin finish. There was also a bubblegum pink one, it didn't seem anything special to me

Brace yourselves for the swatches! Naughty on the left, Siren on the right

The EL very helpfull assistant told me that these shades came straight from the US and that they were not sold in store here so I just take her word for it, it was of no importance anyway.

After returning home thought I did some online search (to see what opinions were out there for these blushes) and I discovered something very interesting: these shades are from the Summer 2012 launch, limited edition and designed by Tom Pecheux himself!

In case you wonder, Tom Pecheux is the creative makeup director of EL (I didn't know that either until now but I decided to write his name so as to appear a little more savvy, I got you, didn't I!)

Next stop, Bobbi Brown! Very few items, mainly foundations (not any concealers/correctors unfortunately) but I was sooo happy to see that they had pale foundations! I was always interested in a BB foundation but for some reason never got one so far. So I decided to try one and I got the Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation in Warm Ivory 1 and the price tag was 9€!

I haven't opened it and I won't open it for a long time because I must finish the ones I already own but eventually my stash will be consumed, so there's no wrong planning ahead for something so indispensable to me as foundation, especially at this price!

The rest are presents for friends and family.

It goes without saying that I got a little something for my mom, but, she doesn't wear anything apart from lipstick, so I got her a shade that I thought she would like, in the shade Pure Color 14 Curvaceous Coral. Price:7,50€!

Next, I got this pretty palette, Pure Color 04 Wild Violet. I wasn't impressed by the variety, they had a pinkish palette, two with blues/teals and this one and I thought this was the most easily wearable of them all. Price: 15€.

I got two Clinique mini Chubby Sticks sets, each at 12€.

I got a Clinique Eyeshadow Duo in 403 Rose Wine (7€) and also a Clinique mascara (7€) but I think I will keep the mascara for myself for fear of being dried up, it would be totally awkward to gift something that it's not in top condition.

Have you ever purchased a mascara from the bazaar? Was it ok?

For my niece I got this amazing Pupa palette (12€), she is too young to use it but it will be sooo cute as a decoration on her dressing table!

Last item, a pretty and easy going eau de toilette, Bellissima by Blumarine, 15€ for the 30ml.

I didn't get any perfume for myself because this time there was no Jo Malone counter! I was so impressed by the colognes that I purchased there last time and I was set on getting a couple more, but, no. Bummed bummed bummed!

Last items I got on my way to the cashier were the Orzene Frizz Control beer shampoo and conditioner, at 2€ and 1€ each. I already use this brand and I'm quite pleased with it, so I thought to try this variation as well.

I was also impressed by the fact that the shelves were full and there were new boxes stacked up and opened up continuously so I guess there's (and will be) a lot of items still available.

On our way out (about 15:00) there was no waiting line, no tickets and people entered immediately.

So, all in all, I have to say that I am extremely happy that I decided to go because I found great items at incredible prices and all it took was 10' minutes waiting (and a little delicate shoving and pushing in front of the Estée Lauder counter, lol!)

In case you're debating whether you should go or not, I would definitely recommend you to go!

Even If you don't want any beauty items, there are also household products and personal care as well at very low prices.

It will last until Sunday 14/10 and it's open 11:00-20:00 on work days and 11:00-19:00 on weekends.

Update: my mom was so intrigued by the low prices that we made a flash visit there this evening and she got two more lipsticks and some household items.

 

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I see some lovely items! The price for the Bobbi Brown foundation is insane, if only the counter had the same variety as the shops! I didn't get to go this time but I think I'll visit it again next time ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they still make money, even with these prices, so I can't even imagine their profit when we buy something full price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mascaras are absolutely fine!i bought from mac and clinique and they were both fresh-not dried at all!'m totally satisfied with the items i got!i found a lot of stuff in the mac counter,including limited edition things that i desperately wanted when they first launched!!The blushed you got are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback, it was really helpful! Isn't it exciting when you find objects you had your mind set on!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome!I just started a blog!Take a look if you'd like to see what i bought!xxx

      Delete
    3. Just did, good luck with your blog!

      Delete
  4. με γεια! εγώ ήθελα τα chubby sticks (με αυτή τη τιμή, ποια δε τα θέλει;) αλλά δεν άντεχα την ταλαιπωρία. τα ρουζ της estee θα τα χαρείς, έχουν τον ατέλειωτο!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ευχαριστώ! Με εντυπωσίασε και η διάρκεια, δεν ξεθωριαζουν καθόλου! Τέλος το εκρου του νεκρού :)))

      Delete
  5. Me gia
    sou ola!Makari na mporousa na pao ke ego...Filia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Σ'ευχαριστώ! Το κόβω να ξαναγινεται σε κανά πεντάμηνο, εύχομαι να τα καταφέρεις για το επόμενο!

      Delete
  6. well somebody seem to have had a good time lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TG it's only 1-2 times a year or I would be doomed! :D

      Delete
  7. I love all the things u bought!!!
    check out my giveaway http://madeofstarsblog.blogspot.gr/2012/09/urban-decay-naked-2-palette-giveaway.html :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...